Making the Grade, first published in 1996, was updated and expanded in 1999. A comprehensive guide to the most widely used drug prevention programs in the nation, Making the Grade helps educators and parents make informed decisions on how to spend limited resources.
Making the Grade…
- Identifies key elements of prevention
- Reviews 50 curricula, many of which have been revised since the first edition
- Includes 10 new curricula as well as 6 curricula that focus exclusively on alcohol or tobacco
- Provides information on cost, teacher training, developmental appropriateness, fidelity of implementation and family involvement
- Compares findings of 14 programs that have rigorous evaluation data
- Helps school officials comply with the U.S. Department of Education’s Principles of Effectiveness